As you plan your holiday party, make sure you have the right Florida homeowners insurance in place to stay safe. Here are 10 ways to be a responsible holiday party host:
- Provide food and non-alcoholic beverage options
Food and non-alcoholic beverages won’t make anyone feel left out.
- Have a bartender on hand
A bartender keeps an eye on alcohol intake and switches to non-alcoholic when needed.
- Be aware of any food allergies that may be present
Knowing beforehand will prevent people from getting sick.
- Have a shoes-on policy in place
A shoes-on policy will help feet from getting injured on the floor.
- Watch for spills on slippery floors
This will avoid slip and falls.
- Keep holiday lighting and fires safe
It’s easy for something to catch fire when overloaded. Make sure you have this under control.
- Don't be a jerk during the "White Elephant" gift exchange
Always keep it positive, even when gifts are awkward.
- Have numbers of local taxi companies handy
For those people who have had just too much to drink.
- Have your pool fence up
This promotes pool safety, and prevents falling in.
- Invite guests to sleep at your home
Your guests may not be able to drive. Offer them a sofa or spare bedroom.
This promotes holiday home safety and helps protect your home insurance Florida policy. Keep your family safe all year long and download our Family Emergency Plan!